A Classic Breton pudding, so easy to make! Everytime we visit our family in Brest, Brittany, a Far is produced. The recipe, although there are many variations, is the best one yet. This is my French brother in law’s recipe.
250g Plain flour
250g granualated sugar
1 litre milk
250g pitted prunes.
- Take a large ovenproof dish, I use large oval shaped pyrex. Place quite a few knobs of unsalted butter into it, shove it in the oven at 220c.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour the batter into the dish (once the butter has melted)
- Add pitted prunes randomly into the batter.
- Place in the oven for approx. 40mins, should be quite dark on the top and set.